You need a music service to avoid music royalty infringements, to create brand identity, and to optimize customer shopping experiences within your business location. Music has become a staple in business establishments and speaks volumes about your company.

If you own, manage, or run a business where customers enter your store or location, then you legally need a commercial-music-service, which excludes the ability to use YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, digital files, CDs, local radio stations, satellite radio, or your employees’ devices with whatever music they bring to your office.

Many people don’t understand that the music industry is a business and playing licensed music without a Public Performance License (PPL) is an illegal offense. The Performance Rights Organizations (The PRO’s) will prosecute your company. Sometimes, even an individual artist will prosecute your company and they will win every time. Making this mistake will result in a fee that will vary from thousands to millions of dollars. It all depends on how long you’ve been making this mistake, and how large your company is.

You must pay royalties because you don’t technically own any of the music you’re playing.

Customer: “I bought the songs on iTunes, I own them now?”

Music is never owned by you, unless you were involved in the initial creation of a song. If you didn’t contribute as songwriter, producer, artist, etc., then you don’t have any ownership of the musical composition and therefore must pay royalties to use it in a commercial setting.

When you purchase a song on iTunes, you are purchasing the legal rights to play it for yourself as a consumer with a personal license , not for commercial use in a business location to help your business profit.

Therefore, if you choose to play music within your business, and it is helping you make money, then you need a Public Performance License (PPL) from The Performance Rights Organizations (PRO’s) which distribute music-royalties to the individuals involved in the creation or ownership of each individual song.

Acquiring the licenses is the first step to paying royalties.

There are four performing rights organization, ASCAP,  BMI,  SESAC  and  SOUNDEXCHANGE. To legally play music in your business location, you’ll need to obtain a license from each of the four performing rights organizations, file monthly reports and follow compliances.

Licenses with all four performing right organizations is a must, because each particular song could have a few songwriters, and/or producers associated to the ownership of that musical copyright. Each songwriter, producer and/or owner of one song could be represented by different performing right organizations. Therefore, just one song may need royalties paid to each of the four performing rights organizations.

Following performance rights regulations and rules can be frustrating, tedious, and a risk to your company if you or your employee is not an expert in this field. Ultimately, the cost of filing for licenses with each performing rights organizations and following regulations will be more expensive than hiring an expert.

We are experts and our service will be more cost effective with no risk. Plus, we offer custom music channels, company branding, promotional messaging, and so much more.

Yes, we can pay the royalties for you.

That’s why we are here. We are music experts and we will pay all of the fees for you to the correct companies/people. We track every song played from your location and submit monthly reports, plus we will indemnify you from any legal music issues, provided that you are following our terms of service.

Under our service, if any of the four Performing Rights Organizations inquire or investigate your location(s), please have them contact us and we’ll gladly speak on your behalf.

No, you cannot use any of those music streaming services in your business establishment.

Here’s why. There are two different types of music services. One type of music service is B2C (Business to Consumer) and the other type is B2B (Business to Business). Music streaming services offered from Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, and YouTube are all B2C. The license they have is for private, non-commercial use (personal use only). To play music in public and/or for customers or employees in your business location, you need a Public Performance License (PPL).

We carry a B2B (Business to Business) license and pay all of the music royalty fees for you.

No, you can not use CD’s, your personal digital music files, or iTunes music in your business establishment.

Any music you download or obtain from anywhere, only allows you a license for personal use, such as in your car or your house. Playing music from CD’s, digital files, or your iTunes Library in your business location(s) breaks copyright law, is illegal, and puts your business at risk of a lawsuit.

Commercially licensed music in your business location(s) requires a Public Performance License (PPL) for public use.

Yes, there is a small business exception but you must be very careful and be certain you’re the exception. Also, the “small business exceptions” will only allow your small business to play radio or television broadcasts, absolutely nothing else.

1. Any establishment with less than 2,000 gross square feet, and any food service or drinking establishment, (a restaurant, inn, bar or any other similar place of business in which the public is being served food or drink) with less than 3,750 square feet.

2. Any business establishment with greater than 2,000 square feet, and any food service or drinking establishment with greater than 3,750 square feet provided that they use fewer than 6 speakers or TVs, (1 TV per room) and no more then 4 speakers per any one room including adjoining rooms, and with a diagonal screen size of less than 55 inches.

To qualify for these exceptions, the business owner must not charge an admission fee nor play any other music other than terrestrial radio and TV and the transmission of the music does not extend beyond the establishment.

Keep in mind that the gross square footage includes all interior and adjoining outdoor space used to service guests, including the kitchen space, bathrooms, closets, etc., but it does not include the parking lot (unless the parking lot is used for a purpose other than parking).

For more information, please visit Copyright Law Section 110.

Kk iphones banner mobile

KrossKast Apple device & stand: $300.00 + Shipping
We recommend using our customized KrossKast Apple Device with only our KrossKast Channels KrossKast App installed.

Other platforms:
KrossKast is currently optimized for the Google Chrome Browser. When using any other platform other than our iOS mobile app, please make sure you are using the Google Chrome Browser on your device of choice to access www.KrossKast.com.

If you choose to use your own tablet or device with our KrossKast App installed on it, it’s very important that your tablet or device is not connected to an active cell phone number. Cell phone activities can cause ringing noises from telephone calls, text message noises, email notification noises and so on, which can affect App performance.

Additionally, if you are using a computer or laptop to access our services, please configure the following in System Preference.
Energy Saver: Turn display off after (never).
Energy Saver, Battery: "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" (disable), "Enable Power Nap while on battery power" (disable). 
Energy Saver, Power Adapter: "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" (enable)

Any Promotional Messages or Branding Sweeper/Jingles purchased within our STANDARD, ELITE, ELITE PRO or ENTERPRISE Packages included at the time of purchase, are to be created one time only, voiced by a standard voice over KrossKast talent, and not on a re-occuring monthly basis.

After a promotional or branding element is created, the client can use that promotional or branding element as much as they would like and for forever, provided they are using it within our KrossKast music service. Any promotional or branding elements created within our establishment from or by our KrossKast talents, are non-transferable to any medium other than KrossKast, and cannot be used anywhere else except our KrossKast music service.

If after a contractual term is over and you are choosing to delay the signing of another contractual term with us, it is extremely important that you contact us before the contractual term ends to hold the Promotional or Branding elements that we created for your company. Otherwise, any promotional or branding elements we created will be deleted if a contract is up and not renewed.

More promotional and branding elements can be created for you at a nominal fee. All voice over recordings at our Standard Rates, provide your company a “KrossKast Public Performance License”, not 100% copyright ownership, that allows your company to use them as much as you want and for forever, provided that you are using them solely within our KrossKast music service. Prices to own 100% of the copyright for any of our promotional or branding elements will not be found on this website. If you’re interested in 100% copyright ownership of any promotional or branding elements, please contact us for more information.

If you have your own promotional messages or branding elements that you would like aired within your establishment via our KrossKast music service, we are happy to play them for you provided the following. Any promotional messaging, commercials, branding sweepers/jingles, or any audio elements whatsoever, that you submit to us, you are guaranteeing that you hold 100% ownership of the copyright(s) for any and all audio elements submitted and you fully indemnify KrossKast and hold KrossKast harmless against any and all legal issues, if such issues are to arise from using your audio elements.

Any of KrossKast’s talent used to record and/or voice commercials, promotional messages, ads, branding jingles or sweeps, (collectively, “Promotions”) will not be required to endorse the clients said Promotion by using their name, likeness or brand. All of KrossKast’s talent are strictly and only for use of “voicing” the client-scripts that our clients send to KrossKast.